There is no denying that the market is hot right now, however, there are many reasons that it is in your best interest to hire a real estate agent when it comes to selling your home. Here are our top five reasons.
Top Five Reasons to Hire a Real Estate Agent
- Access to the MLS. Real estate agents have access to the Multiple Listing Service (MLS). The MLS is a database of the current homes that are for sale. By hiring an agent, your home will appear in the MLS, instantly giving access to agents across the area. If you try to sell your home by yourself, it may not appear in the MLS. If it does not appear in the MLS, a buyers’ agent may not know your home is out there. This immediately takes a lot of potential buyers off the table.
- Help preparing your home for sale. Before you even list your home, a professional real estate agent can help you get your house ready. This is much more than just tidying up. They can suggest home improvements to raise your price, help with staging, point out housing-code or zoning violations, and more. This way, when you do put your home on the market, it will have the best chance of selling.
- Knowing how to price your home. Though agents do not tell a homeowner what price they should set their home at, they do help guide the client to make the right choice. A good real estate agent knows the market and has access to data about recent sales in your neighborhood. Based on market supply, demand, and the conditions of your home, they will able to price your home accordingly to hopefully lead to a quick sell that gets you top dollar.
- Handling the negotiation and paperwork. This is a big one! Selling your home can be a very emotional experience. The agent is able to remove themselves from the emotional aspects of the transaction. They take the information you give them and deliver it to the potential buyers in the best light. After the negotiations are done, the paperwork begins! Most real estate files are about three inches. One mistake can lead to court and thousands of dollars out of your pocket. Having a trusted real estate agent on your side can help you feel confident that your closing will go smoothly.
- Experience. This one kind of speaks for itself. You do not need to know anything about selling real estate if you higher a good real estate agent. Pointe Realty Group agents are hard-working, motivated, and experienced. In addition to being your real estate agent, they will act as your marketer, negotiator, advertiser, analyst, copywriter, stager, among other things, to help you sell your home.
Meet Our Team
Ready to put your home on the market? We have agents in the Triangle and Lake Gaston that cannot wait to work with you.