Spring has sprung so we are going outside to help you get your home ready to sell. First impressions matter! If you are planning to put your home on the market, it is time to roll up your sleeves. Enhancing your front yard does not have to be expensive. Here are some tips to add a little curb appeal and the best part is, you can do them all yourself!
DIY Network: Curb Appeal
- Paint Your Front Door – A gallon of exterior paint costs around $30 and painting this area is pretty quick and easy. Pick a bold color that will make your house stand out but make sure it goes well with the rest of your house.
- Add Porch Curtains – Give the entrance to your home a dramatic flair by adding porch curtains.
- Say Welcome with A Fun Doormat – A cheerful doormat will not only greet your guests, but it will keep the dirt outside!
- Upgrade Your Mailbox – If it is not against your HOA, replacing an outdated mailbox can be great for curb appeal. A new mailbox starts around $20.
- Plant a Tree – This is where that “rolling your sleeves up” thing comes in… Adding some greenery is a great way to make your home more inviting.
- Pick up Some Potted Plants – In addition to trees, adding potted plants to your home’s exterior can dramatically enhance the look of your home and give it an upscale feel.
- Replace Exterior Lighting – This one can get a little pricier but it is definitely worth it. When you are shopping for lights, make sure that the ones you choose will adequately illuminate your entryway and make it safer. To save money, check salvage shops as you may be able to find vintage lighting that will work perfectly with your home.
Read more tips at DIYNetwork.com.
Here Are a Few of Our Current Listings Who Are Crushing the Curb Appeal
Ready to List Your Home?
Our talented agents are ready to help you get the most money for your home! Give us a call at 919-785-1100 (Raleigh Office) or 252-586-1150 (Lake Gaston Office) to learn more.