With 350 miles of beautiful shoreline, there is so much to do at Lake Gaston. It is a wonderful place for you and your family to call home or to use as a weekend retreat! From delicious restaurants to great fishing and outdoor festivals, there is something for everyone on Lake Gaston! Here are our top picks for things to do this summer.
- Boating & Fishing – Striped bass, largemouth bass, walleye, bluegill, crappie, sunfish, catfish – the lake is well stocked with plenty of game fish. Don’t have your own boat? There are multiple fishing charter services and boat rental companies that are there to help you make the most of your time on the water. A few of our favorites include Morningstar Marina and Poplar Pointe Marine.
- Waterfront Dining – We love The Pointe at Lake Gaston! Described as casual waterfront dining with flip flop elegance, it is the perfect place to take a break from the water. They are open year-round for casual, waterfront dining and drinks. Plus, they have live music every weekend!
- Wine Tasting – Plan a visit to Rosemont of Virginia – you will not regret it! In addition to wine tastings, they have free concerts, art shows, dinners, events, and fun for the whole family.
- Festivals and Events – Speaking of events… check out the Lake Gaston Guide for upcoming happenings on the water including live music, watersports, cookoffs, seafood festivals, and more.
- Golf – There are lots of opportunities to play a round of golf surrounded by gorgeous views at Lake Gaston. Check out Lake Gaston Golf Club which is open to the public.
Ready to own a Home at Lake Gaston?
Whether you are looking for an investment property, a weekend retreat, or your main residence, Pointe Realty Group is here to help! Contact our Lake Gaston Office at 252-586-1150 to start your search and go ahead and start viewing available listings right here on our website.