There is nothing quite like Raleigh and the surrounding areas in the summer! Independence Day celebrations, live music, sporting events, festivals, outdoor movies, and more! visitRaleigh has put together a great bucket list of ways to enjoy the longer days and extra sunshine that you can see here but we have chosen our five favorites that you do not want to miss and outlined them below.
- Independence Day Events (July 3-4): Whether you are in Morrisville, Apex, Raleigh, Cary, or Garner, there are lots of ways to celebrate the holiday. Garner’s Independence Day Celebration is on Wednesday, July 3, at Lake Benson Park. The North Carolina Symphony will put on a patriotic program followed by Fireworks. Raleigh’s fireworks have moved back to the NC State Fairgrounds and the breathtaking display takes place on Thursday, July 4. If you are in Cary, relax under the pines at Koka Booth Amphitheatre on Thursday, July 4.
- Destination SunFest at Dix Park (July 13): Destination SunFest is a celebration of summer for the whole family. The day includes live music, performing arts, crafts, food trucks, amusement park rides, and more.
- Brew ‘n’ Choo (July 27): Food trucks and local breweries will be on hand for Brew ‘n’ Choo, a series of family-friendly events at the North Carolina Railway Museum & New Hope Valley Railway that offers a family-fun opportunity to take a one-hour train ride through the woods (food and beverages allowed on the train) and/or a 45-minute walking tour of the railway and museum.
- Concerts & Movies (Ongoing): If there is one thing Raleigh has a lot of, it is awesome live music venues. Some of our favorites include Red Hat Amphitheater, PNC Arena, and Coastal Credit Union Music Park at Walnut Creek. Click on each of the venues to see who is coming in July. In the mood for a movie under the stars? Koka Booth Amphitheatre hosts Movies by Moonlight. Movies are on Fridays and the gates open at 7 p.m.
- North Carolina Football Club and North Carolina Courage (Ongoing): Soccer fans, Cary is home to both the North Carolina Courage (defending champs of the NWSL) and North Carolina Football Club (contenders in the USL). Both teams play at WakeMed Soccer Park in Cary.
Ready to Call The Triangle Home?
Whether you are looking in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Morrisville, Holly Springs, Garner, Apex, or Wake Forest… Pointe Realty Group is here to help! Contact our Raleigh Office at 919-785-1100 to start your search and go ahead and start viewing available listings right here on our website.