When it comes to home improvements, there is a lot you have to think about. Will it increase the value of the house for you? Will it increase the value of the house to potential buyers if you decide to sell? Here are five home improvement projects that can help increase the value of your home.
- Finish a basement or attic. Adding more heated square footage to your home is very appealing to buyers. Whether you finish the space or get it started, this can be a big return on investment if it is already heated.
- Upgrade your curb appeal. A few improvements we love are landscaping, adding stone veneer, getting new shutters, upgrading your garage door, or a doing new coat of paint. Updating the outside of your home will attract buyers before they even get inside.
- Minor kitchen remodel. This is one of the most important rooms in your house and many buyers will look here to justify the price they are paying. You do not have to do a complete remodel though. Look at updating your cabinets, countertops, appliances, and sink. Those hold the most value for buyers.
- Minor bathroom remodel. Like the kitchen, it is important not to go overboard, but having an updated bathroom is generally high on buyers’ lists. Don’t worry about doing heated floors and frameless glass enclosures. Instead, focus on ceramic tile floors and a walk-in shower.
- Update your light fixtures. Having dated light fixtures inside and outside of your home can turn some buyers off. Search the internet for affordable lighting that will brighten your space and create a more modern look.
Considering selling your home? Trying to decide what should be done before you list it? Need help with staging? Our team is here to walk you through the whole process and help you get the most money for your home. Contact us in Raleigh, Lake Gaston, or South Hill.